I prefer organic and unpackaged foods.
I want my kids to eat healthy!
Kids Eat Free? Where? When?
It seems that the milk bottle beats the pill bottle.A recent preliminary study by researchers at the Washington University School of Medicine found that postmenopausal women who met at least 70% of their calcium needs through natural food sources and fortified foods had a higher bone density than those who relied mainly on calcium supplements.
Researchers also found that the calcium-from-food group had higher levels of active estrogen metabolites, which may help improve bone density.
Bottom line: Even if you take calcium supplements, include calcium-rich foods in your diet, such as low-fat dairy products and calcium-fortified beverages such as soy milk and OJ.
Gluten Free Recipe
- 2 Cups of Pamela's Gluten Free Baking and Pancake Mix - Click Here to buy or go to Whole Foods
- 1+1/2 Cups of water
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp of organic applesauce (cinnamon applesauce better)
- 3 drops of vanilla
- Mix these ingredients in a bowl on medium, then add:
- 2 Tbsp of Coconut Oil - Click Here to buy or go to Whole Foods
- Mix these ingredients in on high to desolve
- 1/3 Cup of Sugar (this is entirely up to you on amount, you decide what's right for your family)
- 1 Tsp Salt (again, up to you on usage)
- 1 Banana (or 2) - take a fork and smash banana to chunks and bits, add to mixture and spoon this in evenly