June 14, 2010

The Daily Dinner Planner ... lifejust got easier!

This little 5 minute menu preparation can make your life easier by 5 hours!
Do it!


If you can sit down each week on a Sunday evening or Monday morning and plan out your meals ... it can seriously save you plenty of preparation time during the week! 

Just buy a magnetic Dry Eraser board and make columns for Monday through Sunday with a small column for extra shopping items you know you may need or items you need to pick up later for freshness in the week.  All you ever have to erase and re-write are the dinners. Or you can keep them up and keep rotating those dinners if you know your family loves them! For instance, Taco Tuesday is always an easy day to remember for me! Or make Thursdays Turkey Dog night! You can look at my current board that is pictured above and get an idea of what I am talking about.

I look at the dinner plan each morning, look in my fridge/pantry and know whether I have the ingredients or not. This way, at 4:00p I have started preparation and I have extra time to spend with my son, work and workout! 

I promise, if you ever want a quick idea to help you out ... just buy a Dry Erase board - CLICK HERE for a good magnetic one with a few Dry Erase Markers - CLICK HERE for those and call it a day! You can set it up on your kitchen counter if your fridge is not magnetic. Such a great idea that I truly utilize every day to alleviate the headache and stress of what to make for dinner! 

Hope this helps and makes your dinner and shopping a much easier thing to do!

No comments: